Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I last bought a Christmas tree 18 years ago!  It is 7-1/2 foot tall and it is almost as big around.  Every year I spend hours putting it together and fluffing it.  The last couple of years I have spent almost as much time cleaning up the needles that are falling off of it!  It was time for a new tree and a tree that didn't take up so much room.  So, I downsized this year - it is only 6-1/2 foot tall and it not nearly as big around and best of all it was pre-lit!  Yeah - no untangling of lights and hanging them on the tree! 

I love my tree - every year the ornaments take me down memory lane!
I have had this one almost since birth.
I got this one from a friend for helping her at her wedding.
I got this one on a trip to Mexico for the wedding of two friends.
This one hung on my grandparents' tree every year until they moved to the nursing home.
I also love the vintage goodness on my mantle.
I love this vintage snowman and tree.
I picked up this tree at the thrift store - it is blinged out and I love it!

Now I just need to wrap the presents and put them under the tree, but that will have to happen another day!



2 comments:

  1. Great idea for a blog post...pics of the ornaments. I might have to "steal" it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberlee - Please feel free to "steal" the idea! I would love to take a peek at your tree!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails