Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Life is Short

This week has reminded me that life is short and that you never know when it's your time to meet your Heavenly Father.  Members of my extended family lost loved ones this past weekend.  My brother-in-law lost a grandfather, aunts lost mothers and cousins lost grandmothers.  All had spent Thanksgiving Day together and got the dreaded phone calls on Saturday and Sunday that those loved ones had gone home to be with the Lord.

Each had lived long full lives and while we know that they now aren't experiencing any pain or health problems that doesn't make the loss for their families any easier.  My aunt and I were talking last night about how no matter how much you thought you had prepared yourself, you aren't really ever prepared when the day comes. 

It was great to hear the stories about the lives these people lived.  Memories about how warm, open, loving, caring and Godly they were.  I hope people say such nice things about me when I am gone. 

Remember to tell the people in your life how you feel about them - you never know if you are going to get the chance to tell them again.  To all my friends and family - I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails