Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 3 of Stay-Cation

I could get used to being on stay-cation!
But I couldn't pay my bills if I didn't work - bummer!

I heart not waking up to an alarm
I love not having a schedule and doing whatever I want based on my mood
I love being able to eat lunch with friends
I get to visit stores that I otherwise don't get to shop at
I get to stay in my pj's all day if I want (yes, I did that yesterday!)

I finally had to make a to do list yesterday to make sure that I accomplished
everything that needed to be done.  
That list is longer than what it was in my head.
I love scratching things off the list.  
And I admit that I put something on the list I had already done just so that I could cross it off.
You do it too, don't you?

I got my sewing machine out last night.
It had been years since I have sewn.
I really wasn't sure if I would remember how to thread it!
But it all came rushing back to me.
I am not very good at sewing unless it is a straight line, but even that can be troublesome for me!
The sewing machine was my grandmother's and as I sewed I thought about all of the wonderful
things she made us and about how great her sewing was!  
I guess I would probably get better at sewing if I did it more, but it's just not my thing.

Hope your week is going well - it's half over - ugh - that means my stay-cation is half over!  I do not have half of the things crossed off my list!  Better get busy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails