Thursday, November 25, 2010

Untraditional Thanksgiving

For the first time in my life I did not eat a Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving.
It was fine, but it was weird.
I ate turkey sandwich for lunch, but it was deli turkey.
I ate tacos for supper - they were make with ground turkey.

My mom had to work and my sisters had things going on with their spouse's families.
My dad and spent the day together just the two of us.
He slept some and I crocheted. 
My mom joined us after work. 

I also went antiquing - well sorta.
I rummage through my parent's basement.
I took some fun stuff to display around my house.
I will share it with you after I clean it up - you see they came with dust. 

I think there is more stuff that I would like, but I am going to wait until my sisters look at it too.
I don't want to be a vintage goodness hog!

I did leave on old lantern there that I was so excited about.
My parents were excited for me to look at the lanterns and pick one or two out.
I couldn't figure out why until I actually looked at them...
they put a fake mouse on one of them!!
UGH - I told them they were not nice....you see I had a mouse in my
house this last week - and I was scared of it - I screamed and I actually
ended beating it to death with a stick. 

I am looking forward to eating turkey, mashed potatoes etc... tomorrow!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails