Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Book Club

My every other Friday night book club has been reading Beth Moore's So Long Insecurity .


This week we will be discussing chapters 9 and 10.  Some of my friends who have already read the book told me to be ready that the book would dig deep.  It sure did.  I read chapter 9 last night and cried through the who thing!

Chapter 9 is entitled ""A Time and Place to Heal"  Beth wrote a petition of prayer to God asking for restoration of security and dignity.  She asked the reader to go to a quiet place where you could get into a comfortable position before God.  Then she instructed to read the prayer out loud and to change the words to your own if you were lead.  She wanted the prayer to be read as your own and for you to truly mean it!  Throughout the prayer she left blanks for you to fill in on your own.

I don't know if it was the words, the thoughts, being real, reading it out loud, being vulnerable, or being on my knees - bowed in prayer to my God, but whatever it was - it got me.  I cried through the whole thing.  I am working really really hard on letting my insecurities go.  It is hard when you've been hanging on to them as long as I have.  I am a work in progress, but I guess we all are.  The great part is that God knows us - He has been there and He loves us just where we are!

I can't wait to see what the rest of the book has to hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails