Wednesday, February 9, 2011

SNOW Day!

What do you do when you wake up to 17" of snow and giant snow drifts?

Well, you dig yourself out first of all!  
These pictures don't really show the depth of the snow very well!
 The snow drifts around my vehicle are knee deep.  
It is just as deep the further into the driveway you go.
 You can see here how deep the snow was in front of my vehicle.  
 You can't see it very well, but the snow drift on this side is higher than the bottom of the door!

 All of the snow we had to shovel off the driveway is now almost 
as tall as my trash can! 
 Most of this snow was drifted between the two cars in the driveway.  
 I am tired all over again after looking at all of this snow.  
I am lucky enough to have a 4-wheel drive so, after I was done shoveling I drove up and down my street in front of my house to pack down the snow so that my neighbor could get her car out.  
So, what do you do after all of that fun?  

Well, I really wanted some Diet Coke so I asked my neighbor if she needed anything from the store and then I called my other neighbor and asked if they needed anything and then we ventured out to get what we needed or I guess wanted in my case because I am sure I would have been fine without my Diet Coke and the other few groceries I got.  

Then when I got home it was time to shower and relax for the day.  So, while I sat and watched daytime TV I finished the scarf for my niece, Korrine.  She requested that I make her a purple scarf.  
I really hope she likes it! 

Don't forget to sign up for the scarf GIVEAWAY!!  
You can win one of your own crocheted scarves  all you need to do is comment on the post here.


What did you do today?


1 comment:

  1. You should've called...Bryan could've helped with the snow! Glad you got to stay home today!! The purple scarf looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails