Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Roller Coaster

There are reasons that I don't ride roller coasters - 1. I don't like the ups and downs 2. I don't like not knowing what is coming next  3.  They make me sick

I feel like I have been on a roller coaster for the past 4 1/2 months.

I have had a hormonal imbalance which caused my monthly "visitor" to come for an extended length of time starting over 4 months ago. So long that it only left for a day up to a few days here and there.  I went on 3 months of progesterone which gave me horrible mood swings and hot flashes!  They did help a little bit as they gave me a couple of 2 week breaks.  I went back for a follow-up a week and half ago and they started me on birth control.  I will have to stay on these for the next 6 months to see if they can get my hormones in check.

I don't like that my emotions are sometimes often out of my control.  I don't like for people to see me cry and I have had some out of control cry-fests in the last couple of months.  The really unfortunate embarrassing thing is that I had one in the middle of a restaurant this past weekend - I started crying and could NOT stop!!  Thanks goodness I really wasn't in the middle of the restaurant but rather in the back corner so hopefully not too many people noticed!

I really don't like taking medication and avoid it if possible, but I guess the alternatives are much worse.  Although the birth control makes me really tired and makes me not feel well most of the morning.  I guess that is because birth control tricks your body into thinking it is pregnant.  Now - I tease my pregnant friends about their baby's taking all of their brain cells - I really feel like I have lost a few myself these last several days!  Unfortunately I don't have a good excuse for it!  HAHA!

Sorry if this is more than what you wanted to know, but it is what I am feeling and dealing with everyday.  I just pray that this works and that in 6 months I can stop taking the meds and get back to feeling like I am me again!  I really miss me!

Hope you have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails