Saturday, January 29, 2011

Little Known Facts About Me

I a relatively new friend and she learned something about me the other night that surprised her.  It sort of got me thinking that there are probably a lot of random little known facts about me so, I thought I would share some with you.  Maybe you already know some of this or maybe you will learn something new!

I used to be EXTREMELY shy!  (I know this is shocking to most now, but I didn't come out of my shell until college!)

Because of my shyness - growing up I was a bookworm - all I did was ready and study - I was a NERD!

I went to see New Kids on the Block in concert in high school with my bestie and her mom.

In high school, I drove a red VW bug - (I loved that thing) until I bought a Monte Carlo.

I used to faithfully follow the local hockey team - I went to every home game and then traveled to games outside of Kansas too!

I used to hang out in the pits at the race track when my uncle raced.  My job was usually to help clean off the mud after hot laps or to fetch tools or tires, but once I helped change a flat tire during a yellow flag in the middle of the race!

I could change my own oil if I really wanted to, but I choose not to.  I love the fact that my parents didn't have a boy because it gave my sisters and I the opportunity to spend time with my dad learning about cars!

The only "car" I ever want to own is a Chevy Camaro.


I can drive a tractor - in fact I used to Antique Tractor Pull and I have winning plaques to prove it!


I love vintage things.

I have 2 college degrees and I am a certified Medical Records Designee (yep - told you I was a nerd!)

I remember numbers well - I still have part numbers memorized from when I sold office & concession supplies - thankfully a lot of them are gone, but I am afraid some of them will NEVER leave my head!

I crochet, craft, and scrapbook.

I am scared of mice and bugs!

I am currently irritated by the loud party going on at my neighbor's house - I don't want to be able to hear their music when I am in my house and have my TV on - ugh!

I love racing - I prefer dirt track or NASCAR, but like drag racing too!
I took this pic when I attended my second NASCAR race!

Hope you enjoyed these silly facts about me!

Remember you only have one day left to enter the giveaway for the Crazy Love book!  Click here and leave a comment to enter!

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails