Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Girl's Day Out

For Christmas my dad wrote my two sisters and I a letter.  We opened the envelope and read the words "you owe me."  It sort of caught me off guard because who gives a Christmas gift that says "you owe me?"  But, when I opened the letter up completely it explained that we each owed our dad a day of shopping with our mom.  We were given money to take my mom shopping for new clothes.  But, there was a stipulation on the clothes.  They were NOT to be OLD LADY clothes!  We all got together this past Sunday after church and headed out.  To be honest, I wasn't sure how this day was going to go - you see - my mom and sisters are NOT shoppers.  Me? I am!  And I taught my niece Korrine to be a shopper too!  The two of us could spend hours shopping.  When Tennessee gets older, I will teach her how to shop too!  Until then, she was content in her stroller or by being carried by one of her aunts.

For the first part of our trip my mom sort of just followed me around, but once we got her in the dressing room and then out modeling for us, she loosened up and had fun.  Check her out striking poses:



 Nana and her two granddaughters
 Korrine wanted to make sure she got pictures trying on clothes too!

There weren't any pictures taken of my sisters or I trying on clothes.  Tennessee got an outfit too, but you don't really try clothes on babies.  I am sad that we didn't take a group picture and I don't have pictures of Barb or Liz from the day.  They were there, but Barb was the shutterbug this day!

We had such a great day - we even let the boys join us for dinner.  We really need to have days like these more often!  Though, I don't think my dad will give us money every time we want to do it!

2 comments:

  1. Shopping is one of my favorite past times with my mom. I would love a Christmas gift like that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarf looks fantastic with your hat!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails