Monday, May 16, 2011

Complete Randomness

I really haven't meant to be a once a week blogger, but it seems like that is what has been going on lately.  

I did not work any overtime last week - I took a week for myself.  I even took a day off and spent it with my littlest niece.  I was completely convinced that my sister lied to me about her usual schedule because the child did everything opposite - guess she wanted to keep her auntie on her toes!  

*************************************************

I got a Mother's Day present today.  As most of you know, I am not a mother.  I was completely surprised this last week with an e-mail from a friend saying that her adorable boys had adopted me as their auntie!  They make Mother's Day presents for their grandmas and aunties and they told their mom they needed to make one for me because I help them to feel loved and protected.  How sweet is that!?!  They delivered plants to me at a ball game tonight and made sure to tell me that I need to water them everyday.  

Several weeks ago a different friend told me that during their nightly devotions with their kiddos that the boys asked them who would take care of them if their parents died.  They named their families and the boys asked what if all of those people died and so, they started listing their friends who they would go live with and the boys told their parents that I would make sure they were taken care of.

These situations make me realize how impressionable adults are on children.  These boys obviously have learned that I care for them and would protect and love them without me ever saying it to them.  It makes me really realize that it is so important to be a good Christian woman - to watch what I say and how I act - you never know who may be watching and learning from what I do.  

***************************************************

I am starting the 17 day diet that the TV show The Doctors recommend.  There are four 17 day cycles.  The first cycle is Accelerate - it promotes fast weight loss by eating low carbs and "cleansing" the body.  I certainly am going to try my best to follow this as closely as possible.  They also recommend exercising at least 17 minutes a day.  This is going  to be the tough part for me - I am not a morning person and am pooped by the time I get home in the evening.

Wish me luck!

**************************************************

I have other things that have been on my mind lately, but I will wait and share these with you later this week.

Hope you have a great week!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails