Monday, October 31, 2011

2nd Annual Stay-Cation

It is time for my second annual stay-cation.  I hadn't planned on actually having a stay-cation this year as I had plans to go visit my bestie, but upcoming major expensive car repairs are making me save my money and well, I believe my vehicle wouldn't have made the 4 hour trip.  I am sorry, M!!  I really wanted to come see you during your break, but it will have to wait until after the first of the year. 

So, I am making the best of my stay-cation.  The very best so far was not having to wake up to an alarm on Monday morning - oh how lovely is that!?!

I have done some cleaning which has been much over due. I then spent sometime decorating my pumpkins so they would be ready for the trick-or-treaters tonight. 

 Before:
 My sister suggested using Mr. Potato Head pieces to decorate my pumpkins so she let me borrow my niece and nephews box of accessories - so many to choose from!
 Mr. Pumpkin
 Mrs. Pumpkin - she is holding a heart that says "cutie fry"  - it cracked me up!
 Yes, that is a drill and yes, I am drilling holes in my pumpkin - I saw it on pinterest

It is a little messy, but it cleans up nicely!
 My camera wasn't cooperating so this is the best picture that I was able to get of the finished product.
Any my finished pumpkins on the porch - aren't they lovely!?!






The rest of my day will involve mirrors, frames, newspaper, and masking tape.  I will be preparing things for spray paint tomorrow.  I have to get these things done today or tomorrow because the weather is going to turn cold and rainy!  y-u-c-k!!

I am linking up with Heather at Life Made Lovely today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails