Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Perspective

Sometimes I let things get to me - to really irritate me.  If I just remember to stop and think and gain some new perspective I realize that it isn't really all that bad.

I was really mad my hot water heater was leaking last week, but at least I have running water.

I hate working in my yard, but at least I have a home with a yard.

I get tired of working, but at least I have a job - two in fact!

The list could go on and on, but I am choosing to really focus on how truly blessed I really am!  Life could be so much worse than it actually is and I just need to stop and remember that God is in control - what an amazing promise we have in Him.  

******************************************************

I mentioned that I don't like working in my yard - exactly why I pay someone to mow my yard all summer.  In the list of things I enjoy - working in my yard doesn't even come close to making the list.  I have needed to weed eat my yard all summer now and I decided tonight was the night.  I first had to figure out how to put new string on the weed eater....it took several tries!  Once I finally got it strung right I was finally getting the yard in tip top shape and moving right along.  There is a button on the bottom of the weed eater that you bump on the ground to feed more string out - I did this and well, pieces of the weed eater went everywhere!  I didn't find them all!  oh well - guess it is time to shop for new parts!

Hope you have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails