Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Prayer...

I don't pray nearly as often as I should, but it is something that I am working on.  I am a work in progress...aren't we all?


I have been reading a blog from a woman here in town - a blog recommended by a friend.  It has inspired me to read a new book and most recently it has inspired me to think about more than my little world right here.  Recently there was a post about donating vitamins to children in Africa - it talked about how these children often only get one egg a week as a source of protein and that along with this egg they get a vitamin.  They are asking for more vitamins because they are all out. 

I of course headed to the store to buy vitamins!  But it also broke my heart....I just kept thinking about how blessed I really am as I sit in my house with all of my things.  I can't imagine living in a world where your only source of protein comes from the one egg you get a week, but hey guess what - I/we do live in that world!  It's just that it's not on my radar - well, until now. 

I had a really long time in prayer that night - I prayed that God would help me see Him more everyday in my life and to be aware of the needs of others.  I prayed that He would use me in whatever ways He wanted to.  Guess what?  I now have thoughts of doing a short terms missions trip next year to Africa.  Just saying blogging that scares me.  That was one of my biggest fears years ago that I would say "God, use me.  Use me where you want." and Him saying - I am sending you to Africa.  I don't know if that is really what He is saying to me right now or not, but I am listening and I am praying and if that is where He wants me then, that is where I will go. 

Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me"  Matthew 16:24


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails