Friday, August 6, 2010

God's Blessings

God has blessed me in so many ways.  It can be so easy to only focus on the things that I don't have that I forget to stop and be thankful for the things he has given me. 

 I may not have the husband, the kids, and the house that I have dreamed, but I have great friends, a nephew, and niece and one on its way and a roof over my head.

I have been down for a while now about the friendships that I felt like I lost and maybe I truly have lost those friends.  But that just means they weren't meant to last.

Tonight I was reminded to be thankful for the friendships that I do have.  The best friends are those that you can truly be yourself around, be completely honest with and talk about anything.  They are the friends that push you do be a better version of yourself and will encourage you and stand behind you.  I have these types of friends in my life and I am going to be better at focusing on those rather than those that have come and gone.  Thanks, Carrie for reminding me that I have a good friend in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails