Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Blast from the past

Life was simpler then ....much simpler - no work, no drama just kidding - I am sure there was drama - drama about who did what, who got more than the other person, who got more candy etc...

There weren't cell phones, no technology distractions - we had to create a lot of our own fun!  My aunt and uncle had some old junk cars that we could decorate, plan in/on and just not care about what happened to them.  We often played games like cops and robbers, hide and seek and tag.  We had homemade boat races in the ditch out in front of their house.  And we ALWAYS ate ice cream - HOMEMADE ICE CREAM!!  My uncles worked hard - very hard - cranking away at the mixers because back then we couldn't just plug them in!   Oh those were the days - I miss my fun times with my cousins.  We are all grown up now and most are married with children and it is hard for all of us to get together, but when we do - look out - it is going to be a good time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails