Saturday, November 5, 2011

Stay-Cation days 3-5 recap

I cannot believe that my stay-cation is over.
I am so bummed.
I do not want to go back to reality.
I am positive that my co-workers are ready for me to come back especially the one who covered for me all week!


Day 3 of my stay-cation was c-o-l-d and wet.  I spent my afternoon with my nephew and then picked my niece up from school.  We hung out and then went to church however, my niece didn't feel well and we went home early.  She was not at all happy with me, but I explained that I was taking her home because I loved her and wanted her to feel better.  That didn't stop her from not talking to me for awhile, but she eventually told me she loved me too.

Day 4 of my I crafted all day long.  I got a lot done, but didn't get finished, but that's okay.  There is still time before Christmas.  You will have to wait to see what I worked on as people who read my blog are getting some of those gifts.  I also went to an awesome worship service and got to hear Frances Chan speak.  He is a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!  He is an author and wrote one of the books that we read for my book club.  You can read about that here.  He really challenged us last night to read the Bible and to take it for exactly what it says and to stop trying to make is say what we want it to.  He also encouraged us to do missions right in the city that we live in. 

Day 5 I got up early and picked up my youngest niece so that I could spend the day with her.  She is just over  year old.  She cracks me up and is so much fun.  She is just learning to talk and her favorite words for the day were "boo," "ow," "hi," "baby," and "bye-bye."  My favorite words she spoke were "go-go!"  I love it!!  I will share pics from our time together another time.  I haven't even uploaded them to my computer.  I spent my evening with my neighbor and some wine.  We had a fun - fun evening and laughed and laughed.  She has become such a dear friend of mine.

How was your week?

1 comment:

  1. i margo on the go-go!!
    thanks for stoppin by my blog and leaving a comment. :)
    I'm sorry your fun staycation has ended so quickly. time does fly doesn't it?!
    good luck gettin back in the groove. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails